Safest tyres for northern conditions
We have an innate ability to understand clients operating in northern conditions, as well as their needs and expectations. We operate in growing markets and focus on tyre products and services that offer sustainable added value to our customers in northern conditions. Our range also provides the foundation for the company’s profitable growth.
The global economy continued to pick up in 2010, supported by low interest rates. The GDP in Nokian Tyres’ core markets rose on average by 3–4 % and consumer confidence improved. New car sales increased, both in the Nordic countries and Russia by more than 30% year-over-year.
to the growth track
- Demand and sales increased strongly in all product groups in Nokian Tyres’ core markets. The Group’s net sales improved by 32.5%, and its market share increased.
- The average price of tyres rose thanks to a better sales mix and price increases, and the company enjoyed excellent profitability despite the increase in raw material cost.
- The success of the company’s main products in car magazine tests boosted the Nokian Tyres brand further.
- At year-end the order book was at a record level, and the distributors’ inventories were low.
- Increasing production capacity: Two new production lines came on stream at the Russian plant, and a decision was made to build and introduce two more lines in 2011.
- The Vianor tyre chain expanded by 148 stores to a total of 771 in 20 countries.